I publish my income reports for two reasons.
The first is that I’m a huge nerd when it comes to this stuff.
I’m always curious to know how much money people are making online and exactly how they’re making it. In fact, I wish more people were open to sharing their journey! So, that’s why I do it. I hope to fulfill the needs of other curious bloggers.
The second is because people are usually confused or in disbelief when I tell them that I work online and travel full-time.
I’ve had plenty of people say that they wish they could do the same. And the truth is, most of them can do it too! Yes, it might mean having to work harder than at a traditional job. But if you want to put your mind to it, you can make it happen.
I want these reports to inspire you to go from saying “I wish” to “I will.”
Oh, and if you want to learn how to set up a blog from scratch and turn it into your own profitable business, sign up for my free email course.
With that being said, let’s dive into this November 2017 Blog Income Report! Here is a breakdown of my blogging income, expenses, traffic and achievements from last month.
NOVEMBER 2017 BLOG INCOME REPORT
What went down in November?
After spending a few months at home in Canada, I embarked on another nomad adventure this month… I moved to Poland! I’m renting an apartment in the city of Lublin until mid-January. If you want to know how I’m able to find apartments in Europe without breaking the bank, check out this guide that I wrote!
Needless to say, the majority of this month consisted of me travelling, adjusting to my new surroundings and well, eating delicious Polish treats of course! I also hit a couple milestones with my blog…
I made the switch to Siteground
I’ve been using Bluehost since the very beginning of my blog. I appreciated their low prices and never experienced any issues with their services. Until I started getting more traffic.
My loading times were extremely slow and my site kept crashing. When I confronted them about the issue, I was told that in order to keep my blog running, I’d have to pay an additional $16 a month for VPS hosting. That’s when I decided to finally make the switch to Siteground.
I published a blog post about my experience. It sheds light on the benefits of Siteground (like better speeds, service & support) and explains how you can make the switch while getting your money back from Bluehost.
So, if you’re currently with Bluehost (or any other crappy host), definitely give this a read.
I revamped my Secret Library
The Secret Library is where I hourse my exclusive resources like worksheets, styled stock photos, custom pin it buttons and social media master lists. Plus, a whole lot more!
In November, I spent time adding new freebies and updating the overall “look” of the library. Now it’s much more interactive. Plus, I designed a new landing page… kind of. Full disclosure, I totally suck at designing landing pages! If you know of any tools to help me, leave me a comment down below!
Anyways, if you want to access to my exclusive resources and freebies, click here or use the form above and I’ll send you a password to the library!
The Blog Nest surpassed 500 members
In September, I launched my own Facebook group for bloggers called The Blog Nest. And this month, it surpassed 500 members! In fact, we ended the month with around 580 members altogether.
If you’re a dream-chasing blogger, I’d love for you to join the group! It’s a great place to connect with other bloggers, ask questions and promote your new content. Click here to join.
November 2017 Traffic Report:
I experienced a slight dip in traffic this month. But, that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
You see, I didn’t spend as much time promoting my content on social media. So naturally, I saw less social media traffic. However, I actually saw a huuuge increase in search engine referral traffic. And that’s what counts!
Earlier this week, one of my Facebook group members – Tegan from thehustlingbudget.com, asked for some tips on generating consistent traffic to your blog.
I know this something a lot of us struggle with.
Social media is great for driving traffic. But it’s only temporary. Like, the average lifespan of a tweet is only 18 minutes!
The KEY to driving consistent traffic to your blog is by having an SEO strategy in place. You need to be ranking for “evergreen” keywords in your niche. This is what you should focus on as it will continue to drive traffic to your blog long after that tweet fades away!
November 2017 Income Report:
Affiliate Commissions: $660.45
- Bluehost: $255 | Three people signed up for Bluehost using my referral link last month.
- Booking.com: $13.55 | One person booked a hotel stay in Prague after reading my Budget Trip to Prague guide! Click here to get a $25 Booking.com voucher.
- Career in the Making eBook: $12 | Two people purchased Krista’s eBook through my referral link last month. The book was JUST updated to include more information about blog monetization and I highly recommend it to new bloggers!
- Convertkit: $8.90 | One person starting using Convertkit using my referral link. I’m currently testing out a free trial of this email marketing tool and can definitely see why it’s so popular amongst pro-bloggers. Click here to claim your own 14-day free trial.
- Ebates: $75 | Three people signed up for Ebates (a must-have tool for every online shopper) through my referral link & made their first online purchase last month. Sign up for Ebates through my link to get an automatic $10 cash back bonus.
- Fiverr: $30 | Two people made a purchase on Fiverr by using my referral link.
- Freshbooks: $10 | Two bloggers signed up for a Freshbooks free trial using my referral link. Click here to try it out for 30 days yourself.
- Linqia: $30 | Six influencers signed up for Linqia as per my recommendation last month. Which is no surprise, since it’s completely free to use and get sponsored post opportunities.
- Siteground: $200 | Four people signed up for Siteground through my referral link during their epic Black Friday Sale.
- Swagbucks: $11 | Five people started using Swagbucks after signing up through my affiliate link that I shared in this post.
- Tailwind: $15 credit | One blogger bought an annual Tailwind plan after using their free trial through my referral link. Grab your own free trial here, it comes with 200 pins!
Total Income in November: $830.13
November 2017 Expense Report:
Siteground Hosting: $54.60 | I signed up for the 12-month “Grow Big” hosting plan during the Black Friday Sale after using a free trial. If I break it down to a per month cost, it’s only $4.55.
Bluehost Hosting: -$129.90 | I got a refund for my unused months with Bluehost. For reference, I had a “Plus” hosting plan with them. Check out this guide I wrote that explains how you can switch to Siteground and get your money back from Bluehost too.
Tailwind: $10 | Earlier this year, I bought an annual Tailwind membership. So, this amount has technically been prepaid already.
G Suite: $5 | Last month, I started using this cloud-based set of tools, which helps me collaborate with other bloggers and stay organized.
Moleskine Planner: $20 | Before leaving for Poland, I decided to purchase this weekly planner which helps me keep track of #allthethings.
Total Expenses in November: -$40.30
Thanks for reading my November 2017 income report! I hope you stick around to read some of the great content I have lined up for December, like an affiliate marketing guide and Tailwind strategy.
In the meantime, check out some of my most popular posts from this month:
- 9 Productivity Tips for Bloggers & Entrepreneurs
- The Most Powerful Pinterest Strategy
- Ultimate Resource List for Bloggers
If you’re feeling hungry for more monetization inspiration, check out this roundup of helpful income reports by Tiffany of Beautiful Dawn Designs.
Got any questions?
I’m here to answer them! Just leave me a comment down below.